December 14, 2022 - The National Fire Protection Association®(NFPA®), announces two of its online training programs referencing NFPA 1700, Guide for Structural Fire Fighting and NFPA 2400, Standard for Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS) Used for Public Safety Operations, have been awarded top honors in 2022 for their creative educational approach to e-learning. NFPA received the honors from The Brandon Hall Group, Horizon Interactive, Summit Creative, and the Davey Awards.
The training offerings, designed and developed with input from industry experts, help support fire service practitioners who must critically think about codes and standards and how to apply the guidance found within these key documents to their everyday work tasks.
NFPA firefighter training programs receiving top honors this year:
- NFPA 1700, Guide for Structural Fire Fighting Online Training: Gold Brandon Hall Excellence Award in Best Use of Games or Simulations for Learning for Learning and Development category.
- NFPA 1700, Guide for Structural Fire Fighting Online Training: Gold Horizon Interactive Award in Best in Training / E-Learning category.
- NFPA 2400, Public Safety Drone Online Training: Silver Brandon Hall Excellence Award in Best Use of Video for Learning and Development category.
- NFPA 2400, Public Safety Drone Online Training: Silver Brandon Hall Excellence Award in Best Association Professional Development Program for Learning and Development category.
- NFPA 2400, Public Safety Drone Online Training: Silver Summit Creative Award in Best in Education Websites category.
- NFPA Public Safety Drone Online Training: Silver Davey Awards in Features-Best User Interface for Websites category
To be eligible for an award, entrants followed specific guidelines laid out by each organization. Entries were judged by a panel of independent, leading experts in communications, education, design, media, and related disciplines. Winning submissions are recognized for their effectiveness in program design, functionality, innovation, and creativity, among other categories.
“NFPA continues its focus on delivering high-quality, online learning experiences for professionals who want to improve their job performance and ensure a culture of safety in the workplace,” said Bartholomew Jae, NFPA director of education and development. “It is an honor to be recognized; the awards serve as a reminder that the work we do plays a crucial role in the success and well-being of first responders and the public.”
NFPA online training provides a convenient and easy way for professionals to learn at their own pace, anytime, and from any location. Modules include expert videos, real-life scenarios, case studies, and 3D simulations to help participants grasp key concepts and enhance their workplace capabilities.
A leader in innovative online learning, NFPA trainings have won 12 awards since 2018, recognized for their innovation and creativity toward learning and development. In addition to drone firefighter and structural firefighting, trainings focus on sprinklers, storage, hot work, electrical safety, active shooter/hostile event response, and more.
More information about NFPA training programs and awards can be found on the NFPA training and certifications webpage.
For this release and other announcements about NFPA initiatives, research, and resources, please visit the NFPA press room.
About the National Fire Protection Association® (NFPA®)
Founded in 1896, NFPA® is a global, self-funded, nonprofit organization devoted to eliminating death, injury, property and economic loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards. The association delivers information and knowledge through more than 300 consensus codes and standards, research, training, education, outreach and advocacy; and by partnering with others who share an interest in furthering the NFPA mission. For more information, visit www.nfpa.org. All NFPA codes and standards can be viewed online for free at www.nfpa.org/freeaccess.
Contact: Lorraine Carli, Public Affairs Office: +1 617 984-7275