Nominations Sought for 2023 NFPA Fire and Life Safety Educator of the Year
Each year, the NFPA Fire and Life Safety Educator of the Year Award is presented to a fire service educator who takes the lead role in making their communities safer. Since 2000, the Public Education Division of NFPA has presented this prestigious award, highlighting the great work being done in the field of fire and life safety (FLS) education.
RELATED: Read about the 2022 winner here.
This award is given yearly to a North American FLS educator who meets the following criteria:
- Works for a local/municipal fire department or fire marshal’s office.
- Uses NFPA educational programs and materials in a consistent and creative way for their community/audience.
- Demonstrates excellence and innovation in reaching out to the community with NFPA materials.
The Educator of the Year receives:
- $1,000 honorarium which recipients can accept or forward to the charity of their choice.
- Sparky the Fire Dog® statue
- Paid registration to attend the NFPA Conference & Expo® from June 19–23 in Las Vegas.
- Additional $1,000 donation to the recipient’s local fire department or the fire marshal’s office to support public education activities.
The nomination period is open through March 28, 2023. To submit your nomination, visit the NFPA Fire and Life Safety Educator of the Year Award page to download the form and submit the nomination and support materials. Questions can be sent to email@example.com.
Follow me on Twitter @AndreaVastis, Sparky the Fire Dog® on Twitter and Facebook, and NFPA on Instagram to keep up with the latest in fire and life safety education.