Fire and Life Safety Education in the Spotlight
NFPA’s premiere Spotlight on Public Education (SOPE) conference is an exciting and cost-effective way to connect (in person!) with fire & life safety content and professionals from a wide range of specialties. Now in its sixth year, SOPE takes place Monday and Tuesday, June 6 & 7* at the 2022 NFPA Conference and Expo in Boston, Massachusetts.
After two years of virtual SOPE conferencing, this in person event provides professional development and networking for fire and life safety (FLS), burn prevention, injury prevention, and public health educators. Registration for SOPE includes eight unique FLS related workshops:
- Steps to SafetyTM Prevent fire and falls at home
- Educational Messages in Schools:Best practices from EMAC
- Best Practices in Youth Fire Setting: Creating a “No Fear” Zone
- Spice up your Fire Prevention Week Toolkit
- The Impact of Drug Use on Fire Risk
- Using Virtual Reality to Communicate the Benefits of Home Fire Sprinklers
- Applying Community Risk Assessment Data in Unexpected and Extraordinary Ways
- Fire Safety in the U.S. since 1980
SOPE participants also have access to the Expo floor, General Session, and admission to the Community Risk Assessment: Leading with Insights* workshop on June 8th. A dedicated SOPE lounge area will be provided, offering registrants a place to network and grab a snack.
Registration is still open for Spotlight on Public Education (SOPE) held in Boston’s historic Seaport District, a beautiful backdrop to energizing and informative learning for FLS professionals.