Learn, network, and engage at the 2022 Spotlight on Public Education Conference
NFPA’s premiere Spotlight on Public Education (SOPE) conference is an exciting and cost-effective way to connect (in person!) with fire & life safety content and professionals from a wide range of specialties. Now in its sixth year, SOPE takes place Monday and Tuesday, June 6 & 7* at the 2022 NFPA Conference and Expo in Boston, Massachusetts.
This “conference within a conference” geared towards fire and life safety (FLS) educators, burn prevention, injury prevention, and public health education professionals, provides professional development and networking opportunities over the course of the 2-day event.
SOPE registration includes:
- Eight education sessions with a focus on fire and life safety education with available CEU’s
- Dedicated SOPE lounge area available for networking
- A seat at general session on Monday, June 6
- NFPA ExpoAdvantage™ admission with three-day access to the Expo floor and related benefits
- *Admission to the “Community Risk Assessment: Leading with Insights” workshop held on Wednesday, June 8 from 8am – noon.
After two years of virtual conferencing, this year’s SOPE will be held in person at the Boston Convention Center located in the exciting Seaport District of Boston, Massachusetts.
Featured sessions include:
- Steps to Safety™: A Community Approach to Preventing Fire and Falls Among Older Adults (hint: an exciting update to the Remembering When™ program!)
- Fire & Life Safety Educational Messaging in Schools: Best Practices from the NFPA Educational Messages Advisory Committee
- Best Practices in Youth Fire-setting Education and Intervention—Creating a "No-Fear Zone"
- Spicing Up Your Fire Prevention Week™ Toolkit
- The Impact of Drug Use on Fire Risk in General Population and Older Adults
- Using Virtual Reality to Communicate the Benefits of Home Fire Sprinklers
- Applying Community Risk Assessment Data in Unexpected and Extraordinary Ways
- Fire Safety in the United States since 1980
All this for $95 if you REGISTER for Spotlight on Public Education by March 28. Space is limited – Register early!