NFPA Electrical Inspection Membership: Building the Future One Connection at a Time
NFPA’s commitment to electrical safety has not wavered since our founding in 1896. Over the last 125 years, we have supported many different stakeholder groups (architects, contractors, designers, engineers, first responders, and inspectors, to name a few!), each with a unique role and different objectives, but all with the shared bond of a commitment to the elimination of death, injury, property, and economic loss due to fire, electrical, and other related hazards.
Over the last several years, we heard a message loud and clear—the unique and independent voice of the electrical inspection community was being lost in a chorus of other sounds. So we formed our Electrical Inspection Section, a member benefit available only to qualified individuals, in order to create a community for like-minded professionals to support each other in keeping communities safer through efficient and effective enforcement programs.We built the community so people could share ideas, network, help each other, and support the development and use of codes and standards.Today we are more committed than ever to supporting the electrical inspection community directly—so that NFPA can better understand the unique and diverse needs of a unique and diverse group of stakeholders, and we can work together in support of improved community safety through code compliance.
A critical first step in connecting more directly is building a program to formalize these relationships, and so I’m thrilled to be able to talk about our new offering, the Electrical Inspection Membership. This offer enables qualified electrical inspection professionals to enjoy a number of member benefits, including:
- An introductory annual price of $99
- A print copy of the 2023 edition of NEC as soon as it is available
- Access to NEC Changes Online Training (2017 and 2020 editions now; 2023 when available)
- Automatic enrollment in the Electrical Inspectors Member Section, including exclusive access to members-only content
- Access to expert 1-on-1 help with technical questions about NFPA codes and standards
- Subscription to NFPA Journal® with news and analysis of emerging issues
- Voting privileges after 180 days of membership
We hope you’re as excited as we are to start building an engaged community so that we can drive compliance through collaboration and make the world a safer place!
For more information and to apply, visit our page of resources for electrical inspection professionals