NFPA News is here to provide up-to-the-minute information about NFPA codes and standards activities.
Quickly and efficiently, view Tentative Interim Amendments (“TIA”) that are currently processing and accepting comments; access issued errata and formal interpretations; discover which committees are seeking members or specific classifications; review new projects and drafts of proposed standards; be informed of committee meetings as they are scheduled. Simply, if you are interested in NFPA’s standards development, this is the resource for you!
Tentative Interim Amendments
Committees seeking members
- Recent Committee announcements seeking members: Hydrogen Technology, Hyperbaric and Hypobaric Facilities, Manufactured Housing, NEC Code-Making Panel 2, NEC Code-Making Panel 6, and Water-Cooling Towers
- New projects and draft documents
- Technical Committee meetings
- Standards seeking public input
- Standards seeking public comment
- Call for Nominations for 2023 Standards Council Service Awards
The Standards Council has an established program to recognize committee members for outstanding service to NFPA in the development of codes and standards. The Council's Task Group on Award Selection is now accepting nominations by January 13, 2023.
- Standards withdrawn at most recent Council meeting:
- NFPA 900, Building Energy Code
- NFPA 1859, Standard on the Selection, Care, and Maintenance of Tactical Operations Video Equipment